Public Health Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Public Health Forum

A Forum to discuss Public Health Issues in Pakistan

Welcome to the most comprehensive portal on Community Medicine/ Public Health in Pakistan. This website contains content rich information for Medical Students, Post Graduates in Public Health, Researchers and Fellows in Public Health, and encompasses all super specialties of Public Health. The site is maintained by Dr Nayyar R. Kazmi

Latest topics

» Polio Endemic Countries on the Globe
the 6th semester farewell party . - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 8:31 am by Dr Abdul Aziz Awan

» Video for our MPH colleagues. Must watch
the 6th semester farewell party . - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2022 11:56 pm by The Saint

» Salam
the 6th semester farewell party . - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 7:40 am by mr dentist

» Feeling Sad
the 6th semester farewell party . - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 8:27 pm by mr dentist

» Look here. Its 2020 and this is what we found
the 6th semester farewell party . - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 7:23 am by izzatullah

» Sad News
the 6th semester farewell party . - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 6:17 am by ameen

» Pakistan Demographic Profile 2018
the 6th semester farewell party . - Page 2 EmptyFri May 18, 2018 9:42 am by Dr Abdul Aziz Awan

» Good evening all fellows
the 6th semester farewell party . - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 10:16 am by Dr Abdul Aziz Awan

» Urdu Poetry
the 6th semester farewell party . - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 12:28 pm by Dr Abdul Aziz Awan

Navigation

Affiliates

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 8425 messages in 1135 subjects

We have 439 registered users

The newest registered user is Dr. Arshad Nadeem Awan

+8
dr khilji
ameen
muhammad arshad
Dr. Zubair
The Saint
Admin
Dr Abu Zar Taizai
mr dentist
12 posters

the 6th semester farewell party .

dr khilji
    dr khilji

Libra Number of posts : 34
    Registration date : 2009-04-24

the 6th semester farewell party . - Page 2 Empty Re: the 6th semester farewell party .

Post by dr khilji Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:38 pm

Dear Dr Nayyar If you finalize the menu, I will negotiate with morcopollo on that. Then it will become easy to discuss other matters like hall music and time of our stay over there
    dr khilji
    dr khilji

the 6th semester farewell party . - Page 2 Empty Re: the 6th semester farewell party .

Post by dr khilji Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:43 pm

Instead of many many dishes of same kind if we select few of our own choice at service basis then I think it will remain inside our budget If it is finalized today, it will be easy tomorrow to discuss with morcopollo
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Sagittarius Number of posts : 2444
    Job : Consultant in Paediatric Emergency Medicine, NHS, Kent, England, UK
    Registration date : 2007-02-22

Post by The Saint Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:52 pm

From the Menu, I would select

1. Pullao with Gosht
    2. Chicken Roast
    3. Boti Tikka
    4. Seekh Kabab
    5. Lahori Fried Fish
    6. Cold Drinks
    7. Kheer with Alo Bukhara
    8. Kashmiri Tea at end

Do tell them if they have Buffet and what dishes are available in Buffet.
    dr khilji
    dr khilji

Post by dr khilji Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:15 pm

we can add a dal, in case any body likes to have nan/roghni.This is a nice menu, I will take the estimate for 40 persons tomorrow.Also will try to get maximum concession.
    Dr. Zubair
    Dr. Zubair

Leo Number of posts : 488
    Registration date : 2008-06-07

Post by Dr. Zubair Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:15 pm

Great ! ...
    Dr Abu Zar Taizai
    Dr Abu Zar Taizai

Aries Number of posts : 1163
    Job : Co-ordinator DHIS: District NowsheraAnd Coordinator Public Health
    Registration date : 2008-03-09

Post by Dr Abu Zar Taizai Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:29 am

Khilji sab Salamuna!

I hope the Town Administration will respect you and you can negotiate with them about concession.

I am really very happy to see your posts,as now you are as regular in postings as me Dr Nayyar, Zubair and Latifullah keep it up, before this you were hybernating I think.
    Dr. Zubair
    Dr. Zubair

Post by Dr. Zubair Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:32 am

You forgot to mention Abuzar, "very nice picture", put by Dr. Khilji
    muhammad arshad
    muhammad arshad

Virgo Number of posts : 126
    Job : Technologist
    Registration date : 2009-07-17

Post by muhammad arshad Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:15 am

Dr FAROOQ md

Either Please contact me on ( 0300-9085229) or send me ur mobile number.

Arshad Javed
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:56 pm

Any updates on rates and hotels!!!!!
    dr khilji
    dr khilji

Post by dr khilji Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:27 pm

I visited the morcopollo today but not as a customer but as incharge inspection team.I examined all the halls and kitchens. The roof top is nice,there is bar b q at night and a buffet as well.If anybody else go to take the rates and talk to manager.Then just give it to me I will negotiate and get the concession.If I directly talk to them they might give me first higher rates and then bring them down to normal rates while obliging me.It is better any body without my reference just go and take the rates of our already decided menu.Any other better idea?
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:10 pm

Thats nice Khilji. I guess now Ameen and Zia ur Rehman should go together and take Roof Top dinner Buffet rates for the items listed above.
    ameen
    ameen

Number of posts : 105
    Registration date : 2009-01-13

Post by ameen Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:31 am

Dear Sir,

I and Zia would go today

after commong from duty hours.

Best Regards,

ameen
    Dr Abu Zar Taizai
    Dr Abu Zar Taizai

Post by Dr Abu Zar Taizai Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:45 am

Zubaira! Da Khilji Saib Tasveer waqai Khaista Day
    nighat saleem

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2009-11-05

Post by nighat saleem Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:27 pm

Respected class fellow

A,o,A,

I am replying behalf on my female class fellows to all of those fellows who were given us as a title of Aunties & used burlesqued comments regarding our participation in photos session & contribution for farewell party. Yes of course we know it is a social gathering hospitality but when our traditional & cultural norms restricting us & dear class fellows you are also belonging as such society of from where we are. So please don’t use as such titles or burlesquing comments although what ever our caliber or gender but our status is equal as a student of MMPH. Our humbly request to honorable DR, Nayyar sahib that our pondy,s model stage no,2, perceived conflict arising between class fellows. So please resolve our conflict through playing a role of relevant leadership style. We will be obeying your any order or solution & act upon. Because we don’t want at any costs that our pillar of public health Dr, Nayyar Sahib become anguish due to us.Honourable Sir I am anticipating apologizing to you & to all of my respected class mates if they mind my reply.

With great regards,

Miss Nighat saleem,
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:00 pm

Dear Nighat
    It was not a matter of forcing someone to participate. I am witness to this whole event. Miss Shazia the general secretary of farewell organizing committee asked some females which others call aunties to contribute Rs 1000 for farewell party whether they attend or not.
    Instead of contributing they refused and also passed remarks against their teacher. Not only this later they started cursing the boys as to why they had contributed. I have never seen such type of behavior ever in my life. This has led to severe distortion of the image of such people in my eyes. So much so that now even if they come I will refuse to attend any such party.
    anyhow they themselves are responsible for making an international joke out of themselves. I am extremely sorry but your lady colleagues impression has touched such a rock bottom in my eyes that I won't even consider them in any category.
    For me they are social outcasts. First and last impression

Last edited by The Saint on Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:22 pm

Dear Ameen
    I didnt get any report on the latest update. I guess you guys are losing interest. If it so, then you decide it yourself whether you people still wanna do it or dont want to do it. This lag and dis-interest and interest only to the level of just talking and no action is pathetic.
    ameen
    ameen

Post by ameen Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:38 pm

Dear Sir,

I and Zia went to marcopolo and talked

with them.I return to home now and informing you.

Dear sir they agree to provide a place on top roof

in a side from 4 to 8 pm.They further told that their Rabab

and doll will be there.When u want to eat plz inform us before

to make arrangements for that time.They only charge for Dinner

is 700 rupees but if we not take the bill then it will be 600per head.

I think it is negotiable.
    Please comments.

Your obedients,

Ameen khan
    ameen
    ameen

Post by ameen Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:44 pm

All MPh students are informed if any

one want to participate in the party

then please contribute tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be the last day to

contribute.After that no participation will be accepted.

Inshallah tomorrow we will decide the venue and date.

Best regards,

ameen
    dr khilji
    dr khilji

Post by dr khilji Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:10 pm

My Dear Dr Nayyar and Ameen As I didnt receive ur message till now therefor I talked to the manager and the owner of the Marcopollo. The rate is 600 at roof top with buffet and bar b q there are many dishes of our choice.All the dishes which v suggested r included in it.They will provide us half of the roof top with partition.Our own loud music is not allowed as other parties/families are present there. Second option is buffet without bar b q in the lower hall. They will provide us the full hall. Charges will be 450 per head. There u will be free for ur own music and any other program.Any further inquiry required can be provided just now because the manager of the restaurant is online with me at the moment.
    dr khilji
    dr khilji

Post by dr khilji Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:16 pm

These charges are applicable when the number of participants is 40. One thing else the cold drinks and mineral water is not included in this.I think it is the cheapest rate at the moment in peshawar,in any buffet hall. Rs 450 inclusive of all taxes. Hall is available for 5th March. the 6th semester farewell party . - Page 2 Icon_lol
    Dr. Zubair
    Dr. Zubair

Post by Dr. Zubair Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:38 pm

What and how many dishes in the buffet ?

I guess, we may just finalize to end up the issue.
    dr khilji
    dr khilji

Post by dr khilji Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:01 pm

I have already mentioned, the number of major dishes is around 20 whereas sweet dishes are 6 pulloa mutton chichen kabab fish bar b q at roof top and without bar b q in the hall
    dr khilji
    dr khilji

Post by dr khilji Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:15 pm

It is now open invitation for all MPH students to contribute by tomorrow so that keeping in view the budget status,the number of participants and additional program if any the booking/selection of top or hall may be finalised and morcopollo be informed well in time
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:28 pm

I guess Roof Top will be wonderful because along with chit chat, dinner etc, people can have a nice view of city around and the light music arrangement by the Marco Polo Admin will be soothing to the ears.
    Anyhow its my suggestion, if the majority says otherwise, I will be obliged to follow them. So as Ameen, Zia and Khilji have done their job, so its clear that Marco Polo is the best choice for the farewell.
    My Job is to do the photography, and that I will do with some memorable photographs for all of you.
    Well done, Ameen, Khilji and Zia. Inshallah things will be finalized tomorrow
    Dr. Zubair
    Dr. Zubair

Post by Dr. Zubair Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:15 pm

Great. Smile
    muhammad arshad
    muhammad arshad

Virgo Number of posts : 126
    Job : Technologist
    Registration date : 2009-07-17

Post by muhammad arshad Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:37 am

Dear Dr.Khilji,Ameen and Zia well done. I appreciate your efforts which you show during this part.

well done

Arshad
    Dr. Zubair
    Dr. Zubair

Post by Dr. Zubair Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:55 am

I received a call from Dr. Khilji today(25th Feb.) at mid day. I was surprised to hear that one of the junior fellows called him saying that though Marcopolo is finalized but they are not interested in holding the party there. Rather they are interested in holding it in the University. I was also quoted that Dr. Zubair is also not interested for Marcopolo which was a news for me.

I have been following and participating very regulary in the discussion on the forum and am fully agreed to the Marcopolo option.

Strange things are happening towards the end Smile huh ! ...
    dr khilji
    dr khilji

Post by dr khilji Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:47 pm

Dear Dr Nayar my friends and other participating fellows from all semesters, today I was informed that most of the junior semester students are interested in the function to be arranged at university campus. Well I think hosts have full liberty to arrange it anywhere they like. I was given a task to inquire about rates and menu which I did and posted for the information of all. Its true that we the 6th semester are guests and are only helping hands for the hosts.Now where ever the hosts like, they have full authority. I think if anybody thinks in a way that me or other colleagues are imposing their will and wish on them, I will clear it that atleast not me. They are free to arrange any where, I will always stand happy with them.
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:13 pm

Well, to be honest, the arrangements at University will be a logistic nightmare as there will have to be made separate arrangements for food, tents, chairs, etc etc. Then the guests will also increase as the no of uninvited guest will increase and you will have to accomodate those people too.
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:15 pm

For a headache free arrangement where you wont have to worry about cold food, tents, electricity, load shedding I guess any arranged place like Marco Polo or other similar venue will be best
    ameen
    ameen

Post by ameen Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:56 pm

Dear Sir,

As i know all of our friends including

Shazia khan, Zia and all others are

agree on Marco polo.So i think this is final.

Tomorrow when Shazia comes to university

she will handover money to Zia or any other.

We will add some money to the marco polo

admin and booked for 5 march.

Best regards,

Ameen
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:41 pm

Thanks Ameen. SO this is final and I put my official stamp onto the decision. So guys and gals this is final.

Date 5th March 2010
    Venue: Marco Polo Roof Top Phase 3 Chowk, Jamrud road Peshawar
    time: 7.00 PM
    Dr Abu Zar Taizai
    Dr Abu Zar Taizai

Post by Dr Abu Zar Taizai Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:08 pm

I extend my sincere thanks to all those friends who participated, chatted,rated, and fainted (I dont mean Dr Bangash) in organizing this party.
    nighat saleem

Post by nighat saleem Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:03 am

Honourable sir

A,,O,A;

Actually I was didn’t knew that what were happened at that time. Now I become aware by your kind reply that current situation is resultant from previous misbehaviors. But sir as individually my concern I need you are favourable consideration that please permit me for contribution. Because my joiner now become sinner then me & my crucial time was missed due to my bad luck but they are very preferable for me actually we passed the time together. & I observe that to day they are deserving as such honour all credits goes to your efforts ,management,& arrangement so therefore sir your interest is very valuable for me so once again I am requesting for contributing allowance. Thanks a lot

withy great regards nighat saleem.
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:45 am

Well Nighat you are most welcome to contribute. Contact Shazia Khan today, who is the chief organizer of the party.
    nighat saleem

Post by nighat saleem Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:47 am

Honourable sir
    thanks alot for kind allowance.ok sir i am coming & contact with her.
    dr khilji
    dr khilji

Post by dr khilji Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:19 pm

Miss Nighat it is not the matter of contribution only, you must come and attend the party on 5th March at 7 00 pm at Morcopollo, your contribution will complete then.
    ameen
    ameen

Post by ameen Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:09 pm

Dear Colleagues,

A.O.A, I was greatly dishearted that

some of our class fellows make irresponsible behaviour.

It is shame for them that they went to aministration

and make irresponsible statements.We are not forced any

student of any class that they should attend the party.

It is on their own if they want to attend or not.It is a type

of gathering and it is done every where even in schools, colleges.

Dear sir in key is rawiay per main moazziratkhwan hoo.

Please apologize.

ameen
    Dr Abu Zar Taizai
    Dr Abu Zar Taizai

Post by Dr Abu Zar Taizai Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:53 pm

Shabash Ameen
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:39 pm

Dear ameen
    it's alright. There is no need to apologize. I have come to know that it was just one lady who created fuss and now when things have become clear it is evident that other females were not with her and that LHV was alone making statements on behalf of others.

Anyhow I have forgiven her as these things don't matter to me at all. I want that you all people enjoy your life and at same time study hard and make yourself a pride for me as well as for the nation.

The good news that two of your class fellows dr uzma habib and nighat saleem have also contributed and hence joined your ranks

all the best to all of you
    dr khilji
    dr khilji

Post by dr khilji Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:12 am

“kHALIQ
    Se

Mangna
    Shujjat

HY, Ager
    Dey To

Rehmat

Nah Dey
    To

Hikmat,

MAKHLOOQ
    Se

Mangna
    Zillat Hy,

Ager Dey
    TO Ehsan

Na Den To

Sharmindagi”
    Happy 12 Rabi Ul Awwal..........!
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:45 am

Nice khilji I guess there is a hidden poet in you
    dr khilji
    dr khilji

Post by dr khilji Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Thanks
    Booking for Morcopollo is confirmed for 5th March Friday at 6:30 pm. All the guests are requested to ensure their participation well in time.It is the roof top, open air. Ameen is once again requested to inform all the guests (6th semester) and also all the other participants,individually by sms or phone call, because all are not using this forum regularly.
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:42 pm

That's nice to hear that finally booking has been done. I hope that mr dentist will also attend and he will pay his share too although his track record is showing something else. Following guests of 6th semester as outgoing class are invited

1. Abuzar
    2. Khilji
    3. Fazlur rehman
    4. Mohammad Kamal
    5. Abdul Wahid Wahidi
    6. Zubair
    7. Hadia Mirza
    8. Shabana Noor
    9. Shaina Maalik
    10. Aneela farman
    11. Mutahira shaheen

And all those who have contributed must come as they will be the hosts. Make it a fun filled memorable event for every one
    Dr Zia Khan
    Dr Zia Khan

Capricorn Number of posts : 67
    Job : Service to Humanity
    Registration date : 2008-12-21

Post by Dr Zia Khan Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:35 pm

AA
    I am in close collaboration with Mr Dentist and will come with  hoping that some one will also arrange farewell party for us in JUNE 2010 Insha Allah.
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:55 pm

you are most welcome and advised to pay immediately as we have to tell Marco Polo Admin the exact number of guests. So hurry up or you risk losing the show
    ameen
    ameen

Post by ameen Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:44 pm

Dear Khilji Sahib,

Thanks for confirmation of booking.

I think it will be a nice gathering.

Please if u have the cell nos of 6th semester

students, then email me or send me through sms

or give on forum.

Then it will be easy for me to inform them.

Best regards,

ameen
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:02 pm

Ameen you get the information regarding their cell numbers from Abasyn Front Desk
    ameen
    ameen

Post by ameen Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:48 pm

Dear Sir,

O.K.

I will get it from Abasyn

On Monday .

Thanks.
    zahidsalarzai
    zahidsalarzai

Aries Number of posts : 58
    Registration date : 2008-11-16

Post by zahidsalarzai Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:36 am

Dear Sir

The date was fixed as 5th March 2010 Friday ,it is the same date or changed.

Thanks

Zahid

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16, 2024 3:24 pm