Public Health Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Public Health Forum

A Forum to discuss Public Health Issues in Pakistan

Welcome to the most comprehensive portal on Community Medicine/ Public Health in Pakistan. This website contains content rich information for Medical Students, Post Graduates in Public Health, Researchers and Fellows in Public Health, and encompasses all super specialties of Public Health. The site is maintained by Dr Nayyar R. Kazmi

Latest topics

» Polio Endemic Countries on the Globe
study hours shortage for biostas and epidemiology of 5-6 sem EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 8:31 am by Dr Abdul Aziz Awan

» Video for our MPH colleagues. Must watch
study hours shortage for biostas and epidemiology of 5-6 sem EmptySun Aug 07, 2022 11:56 pm by The Saint

» Salam
study hours shortage for biostas and epidemiology of 5-6 sem EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 7:40 am by mr dentist

» Feeling Sad
study hours shortage for biostas and epidemiology of 5-6 sem EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 8:27 pm by mr dentist

» Look here. Its 2020 and this is what we found
study hours shortage for biostas and epidemiology of 5-6 sem EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 7:23 am by izzatullah

» Sad News
study hours shortage for biostas and epidemiology of 5-6 sem EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 6:17 am by ameen

» Pakistan Demographic Profile 2018
study hours shortage for biostas and epidemiology of 5-6 sem EmptyFri May 18, 2018 9:42 am by Dr Abdul Aziz Awan

» Good evening all fellows
study hours shortage for biostas and epidemiology of 5-6 sem EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 10:16 am by Dr Abdul Aziz Awan

» Urdu Poetry
study hours shortage for biostas and epidemiology of 5-6 sem EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 12:28 pm by Dr Abdul Aziz Awan

Navigation

Affiliates

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 8425 messages in 1135 subjects

We have 439 registered users

The newest registered user is Dr. Arshad Nadeem Awan

+2
The Saint
Dr.Bangash
6 posters

study hours shortage for biostas and epidemiology of 5-6 sem

Dr.Bangash
    Dr.Bangash

Aquarius Number of posts : 108
    Job : Health Deptt.KPK
    Registration date : 2008-01-11

study hours shortage for biostas and epidemiology of 5-6 sem Empty study hours shortage for biostas and epidemiology of 5-6 sem

Post by Dr.Bangash Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:01 pm

i heard that there is shortage of study hours for biostats and epidemiology of 5-6th semesters,what should students do for that as its not our fault so there must be some way to be find out to solve this problem.whether we should appear in these papers again or admin of abassyn university finds some other way out of this problem.whatever is the way out it must be find out soon.
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Sagittarius Number of posts : 2444
    Job : Consultant in Paediatric Emergency Medicine, NHS, Kent, England, UK
    Registration date : 2007-02-22

study hours shortage for biostas and epidemiology of 5-6 sem Empty Re: study hours shortage for biostas and epidemiology of 5-6 sem

Post by The Saint Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:14 pm

The only way out is that Students have to appear in Papers of Biostatistics and Research Methods. In the Last week of June 2010, you will have these two papers, and you have to must appear
    Dr. Abdul Wahid Wahidi
    Dr. Abdul Wahid Wahidi

Cancer Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2008-04-03

study hours shortage for biostas and epidemiology of 5-6 sem Empty Re: study hours shortage for biostas and epidemiology of 5-6 sem

Post by Dr. Abdul Wahid Wahidi Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:44 pm

Dear Nayyar Sahib,
    Greetings,
    May we know the names of those students with shortage of attendance.
    Thank you very much.

Wahidi
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:27 pm

Everyone is included, EVERYONE
    Dr.Bangash
    Dr.Bangash

Post by Dr.Bangash Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:58 pm

Ok thanx a lot but what will be the format of papers?
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:28 pm

MCQ's for Biostats and Short Problem Oriented Essay Paper for Research Methods
    mr dentist
    mr dentist

Sagittarius Number of posts : 451
    Job : Dentist
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by mr dentist Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:49 pm

sir we have attended these two papers in 5th semesters. whats the status of this shortage for DL students?. we have submitted our assignments . should we be included in this shortage ? regards dr latif
    Dr. Zubair
    Dr. Zubair

Leo Number of posts : 488
    Registration date : 2008-06-07

Post by Dr. Zubair Tue May 04, 2010 1:56 am

Thanks Dr. Bangash for putting up the issue over here and thanks a lot dear sir for mentioning the clear remedial action for us to be mentally prepared.

I have a question or 2, for my own clarity.
    nighat saleem

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2009-11-05

Post by nighat saleem Tue May 11, 2010 9:00 pm

HONOURABIE SIR;

A,O,A:I can not differentiate b/w epidemiology, biostatistics’& research methodology related topics, due to our combine lectures .so kindly help me to indentifying in detail content that which one topics will be including in the paper of biostatistics & in the paper of Research methodology .
    nighat saleem

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2009-11-05

Post by nighat saleem Wed May 12, 2010 7:31 am

HONOURABIE SIR; A,O,A:I can not differentiate b/w epidemiology, biostatistics’& research methodology related content, due to our combine lectures .if i consider like probability, screening(specificity, sensitivity ,P.P.V,N.P.V) Prevalence & incidence rates, Attributable risk, Relative risk, Odds ratio, is concern to epidemiology but from these some are also included in biostatistics books. So kindly help me to indentifying in detail content that which one topic will be including in the paper of biostatistics & in the paper of Research methodology.
    Dr.Bangash
    Dr.Bangash

Post by Dr.Bangash Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:02 pm

respected sir,when is scheduled paper of biostats and research methods?????
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:50 pm

28th, 29th and 30th of April 2011
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:53 pm

A word of warning and caution for all those who will be reappearing in the Biostats and Research Methods Exam, that they have to study really hard for these papers. This is not a cup of tea that they come to the exam with unwashed faces and totally unprepared, as this is not a joke.
    For your benefit, study well for the upcoming exams and rest best of luck
    Dr. Abdul Wahid Wahidi
    Dr. Abdul Wahid Wahidi

Cancer Number of posts : 23
    Registration date : 2008-04-03

Post by Dr. Abdul Wahid Wahidi Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:35 pm

Dear Nayyar Sahib,
    I have attended the both papers this year i think it was in March 2011.
    Appreciate if you kindly update me on its result.

Thanks
    Wahidi
    Dr.Bangash
    Dr.Bangash

Post by Dr.Bangash Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:32 pm

Thank u very much for your kind advice sir, we will deffinitely do so inshALLAH.
    Dr.Bangash
    Dr.Bangash

Post by Dr.Bangash Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:34 pm

Dear dr.zubair where r u nowadays as i met dr.hadia several times and wanted to contact u many times but each time ur cell is off.
    Dr. Zubair
    Dr. Zubair

Leo Number of posts : 488
    Registration date : 2008-06-07

Post by Dr. Zubair Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:52 am

My dear;

My cell is not off at all. It is on 24/7 with very very few rareties. Dr. Hadia is posted in Nowshera so you have a common district of assignment Smile I have not seen her and any of the class fellows since long Sad ; except Dr. Abu Zar who is in contact on occasional text messages.

When does our re-union get due Wink I know it is too early to say this Smile but there may be some sort of meeting / gathering of our batch to be chaired by the Chief, Dr. Nayyar sb. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16, 2024 11:48 am