Public Health Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Public Health Forum

A Forum to discuss Public Health Issues in Pakistan

Welcome to the most comprehensive portal on Community Medicine/ Public Health in Pakistan. This website contains content rich information for Medical Students, Post Graduates in Public Health, Researchers and Fellows in Public Health, and encompasses all super specialties of Public Health. The site is maintained by Dr Nayyar R. Kazmi

Latest topics

» Polio Endemic Countries on the Globe
My Synopsis Submitted To Respected Dr Nayyar!! EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 8:31 am by Dr Abdul Aziz Awan

» Video for our MPH colleagues. Must watch
My Synopsis Submitted To Respected Dr Nayyar!! EmptySun Aug 07, 2022 11:56 pm by The Saint

» Salam
My Synopsis Submitted To Respected Dr Nayyar!! EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 7:40 am by mr dentist

» Feeling Sad
My Synopsis Submitted To Respected Dr Nayyar!! EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 8:27 pm by mr dentist

» Look here. Its 2020 and this is what we found
My Synopsis Submitted To Respected Dr Nayyar!! EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 7:23 am by izzatullah

» Sad News
My Synopsis Submitted To Respected Dr Nayyar!! EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 6:17 am by ameen

» Pakistan Demographic Profile 2018
My Synopsis Submitted To Respected Dr Nayyar!! EmptyFri May 18, 2018 9:42 am by Dr Abdul Aziz Awan

» Good evening all fellows
My Synopsis Submitted To Respected Dr Nayyar!! EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 10:16 am by Dr Abdul Aziz Awan

» Urdu Poetry
My Synopsis Submitted To Respected Dr Nayyar!! EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 12:28 pm by Dr Abdul Aziz Awan

Navigation

Affiliates

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 8425 messages in 1135 subjects

We have 439 registered users

The newest registered user is Dr. Arshad Nadeem Awan

3 posters

My Synopsis Submitted To Respected Dr Nayyar!!

Dr Abu Zar Taizai
    Dr Abu Zar Taizai

Aries Number of posts : 1163
    Job : Co-ordinator DHIS: District NowsheraAnd Coordinator Public Health
    Registration date : 2008-03-09

My Synopsis Submitted To Respected Dr Nayyar!! Empty My Synopsis Submitted To Respected Dr Nayyar!!

Post by Dr Abu Zar Taizai Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:57 am

Dear Friends as most of You Wanted me ,to give you a copy of my Synopsis, and Th majority of you gave me the reference of Respected Dr Nayyar of doing so therefore, I cannot reisist to post it.

Actually Sir Nayyar wanted you to take help from it, and I want to help you to the best I Can
    Have A Good Time

Synopsis Submitted by Dr Abu Zar Taizai Student of MMPH Final Semester, Abasyn University Peshawar
    Registration Number 420

Date 15 January 2010

Title: -
    The Impact of Mother’s Education level on inter-Birth interval

Abstract: I propose to use Community Survey to assess the impact of Mother’s Education. On the inter-birth interval. I focused mainly on the impact of educational attainment of the mother on inter-Birth interval in resident women of village Jallozai.
    Background and Rationale

Adequate child spacing is considered a positive factor on the health of mothers and their children [1]. The birth interval has been reported to have a significant effect on the child's future physical and mental capabilities [2-4]. In the wake of political turmoil and repeated emergency declared situations, Pakistan is facing the greatest brunt on its health indicators especially MMR and IMR, which is not only poor than any of the developed countries of the world but is also worse than the majority of developing countries of the globe.
    Under the surface, more problems are brewing in the sixth most populous country in the world. Some of the challenges are fueled by the country's rapidly growing population, which is making increasing demands on social services, especially the health care system.
    If we look at the population pyramids, it reflects how Pakistan has grown and how its needs will multiply (see below). Between 1970 and 2000, Pakistan more than doubled in population to 144 million from 60 million. Its population ages 15 to 49 more than tripled to 68 million from 14 million. As the number of people in that age group rose, so did demand for maternal and child health care. And health care needs are likely to grow as the 2025 projection for those ages 15 to 49 rises to 121 million, nearly double the 2000 estimate.1
    Pakistan's Population by Age and Sex, 1970, 2000, and 2025
    (5)

If we don't halt population growth with justice and compassion, it will be done for us by nature, brutally and without pity - and will leave a ravaged world. (Cool

High Population Growth Rate is one of the biggest Public Health Problem through out the countries of the Globe, all the developing countries of the world is facing this problem, Pakistan not being an exception, is facing this problem more seriously in the wake of its limited resources .If the problem is not properly addressed and solved in the timely manner it will eventually lead to a catastrophic consequences on the already high MMR and IMR (7). My aim of this research is to empirically assess whether and how the impact of the

Mother’s educational level is affecting the interval between two consecutive children, and if the education of the mother is associated with longer median inert-Birth interval then how the policy makers can manipulate this causal factor of education in such a way to optimize the space between two consecutive births in controlling the population growth rate, and hence indirectly the MMR and IMR of Pakistan.

Some studies have been conducted on various aspects of factors controlling the population growth rate but to my knowledge, this aspect had never been tackled in the previous studies for this reasons I wanted to analyze the impact of mother’s education on the interval between two births, which in turn is the basic unit for affecting the fertility of the mothers in any part of the world including Pakistan, as internationally accepted that the ideal family size is 3 children or less with minimal space between the children is three years. (10)

In theory it seems very logical that, the more the mother is educated, the more it is unlikely for her to produce more children, or in other words the education of the mothers have negative effect on population growth rate (9)

Logic is the common observation that the educated mothers are more receptive to adapt various methods of family planning (6).

Objective of Research: -

The objective of my research is to establish the association between the mother’s education level and the duration of interval between two consecutive births.

Hypothesis

My Hypothesis is that:

Inter-birth interval of literate Mothers is greater the inter-birth interval of illiterate mothers

The null Hypothesis of my research is

That

There is no difference between the interval of child births of illiterate and the literate mothers.

Writing my claim mathematically

Ha the inter-birth interval of literate mothers > inter-birth interval of illiterate mothers (the alternate hypothesis)

H0 the inter-birth interval of literate mothers = inter-birth interval of illiterate mothers (the null hypothesis)

My claim is the alternate hypothesis, as a rule I will test the Null hypothesis, either I will reject the null hypothesis and will conclude that my claim is correct, or I will fail to reject the null hypothesis and will conclude that my claim is wrong.

Methods & Materials

In this proposed Research, A cross-sectional study will be conducted in village Jallozai of district Nowshera, situated 11 kilometers to the South of Town Pabbi, on the left side of main Cherat Road, which is a typical rural village. The study will span from January to April 2010. A house-to-house survey will be carried out on all households in the village, women of childbearing age who are married and still live with their husbands, will be interviewed by the local Lady Health Workers (LHWs); widows and separated women will not be interviewed as they do not full fill the inclusion criteria of the study. A structured questionnaire will be used, administered by the LHWs in the household who were trained by the author in the interview method. The households exhaustive list will be obtained from the registers of all the LHWs who are working in village, then through stratified sampling procedure the interview will be conducted. As the level of education is already written in the family registers so I will assign a number to each illiterate mother’s house- holds living in the village and then the numbers will be put in a box and will be shaken vigorously to ensure randomization. After doing this the numbers will be drawn like lottery system and those first 100 numbers drawn will be interviewed to reduce selection bias. In the second step all the elements (households) of low education, then middle education level mothers and finally high education level mothers house holds will be assigned numbers and treated like the methods already mentioned in the above lines to be randomized for the interviews. From each low, middle and high education level house holds 50 mothers will be selected from each group and the information regarding the variable of interest will be gathered. The questionnaire included items on information on the birth interval preceding the last infant. Statistical t-test will be used to analyze the final Numerical data thus obtained, to reach the conclusion.
    Calculation of Inter-birth Interval
    The inter-birth interval will be calculated as the time (in days)between two consecutive birth dates. I will use birth dates (ratherthan approximate dates of conception) for calculating the inter-birthinterval because this information is virtually 100 percentcomplete, whereas information on the gestational age (whichis necessary for estimating the date of conception) is moreoften missing or unreliable and memory bias is akin to happen. The effect of using the birth daterather than the estimated date of conception is expected tobe minimal for the present analysis, which focuses on longerinter-birth intervals. The inter-birth interval was categorizedaccording to completed months between two consecutive births.

The Variables

The variables about which I will get information, are those given below.

1. The level of Education of the mother

2. The number of her total children

3. The mean interval between her two children measured in units of months

The Inclusion Criteria

1. All those women who are married and have at least two children

2. All those women who are permanent residents of Jallozai village

The Exclusion Criteria

1. All those women who are either Afghan Refugees or belong to the IDPs

2. All divorced women

3. All those women whose husbands remain abroad and visit home less frequently than at least once a year.

4. All married women who have less than 2 children.

I will measure two variables in this study one independent variable (The Level of Mother’s Education) and the other dependant variable, which in my study is the duration between two consecutive births measured in unit of months.

Duration of Study

The Study will be stated in late January 2010 and will be completed by the end of April 2010.

Venue of Study

The Study population will extend across all resident married women of Jallozai, who have at least two children; the total population of the village is 6000 their houses will be selected randomly a total of 200 households will be surveyed.

The statistical Test Used analysis for

Cross Tabulation and t-test was used for the analysis of Data

References: -
    1. Miller JE et al. Birth spacing and child mortality in Bangladesh and the Philippines. Demography, 1992, 29(2): 305-18.
    2. Martin EC. A study of the effect of birth interval on the development of 9-year-old school children in Singapore. Journal of tropical pediatrics and environmental child health, 1979, 25(2-3):46-76.
    3. McCormick M. The contribution of low birth weight to infant mortality and childhood morbidity. New England journal of medicine, 1985, 312:82-90.
    4. Wynn A. Nutrition before conception and the outcome of pregnancy. Nutrition and health, 1987,

5. UN, World Population Prospects: The 2006 Revision Population Database;
    and
    U.S. Census Bureau, International Data Base (online).

6. E-MEDISYS 2008,2nd International Conference: E-Medical System October 29-31, 2008TUNISIA

7. Ehrlich, P. & Ehrlick, A (1990) The Population Explosion. New York: Simon and Schuster

• Nobel Laureate Dr. Henry W. Kendall
    • Implementation of the UN millennium declaration. Report of secretary general A/57/270 New York UN; 31 July 2002.
    • Zidar VM et al. New survey findings: the reproductive revolution

Continues. Population reports, Series M, No. 17. Baltimore, Maryland, USA, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, The INFO Project, 2003

Dr Khan

Aquarius Number of posts : 26
    Job : SMO LRH PESHAWAR PAK
    Registration date : 2010-02-10

My Synopsis Submitted To Respected Dr Nayyar!! Empty Re: My Synopsis Submitted To Respected Dr Nayyar!!

Post by Dr Khan Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:07 pm

DEAR SIR,
    I HAD SUBMITTED MY SYNOPSIS IN JANUARY 2012.AFTER 9 MONTHS I WAS INFORMED THAT THE SYNOPSIS WAS REJECTED, & THEN I HAVE RESUBMITTED IT IN 01 SEPTEMBER 2012 , YOU R REQUESTED TO INFORM ME ABOUT ACCEPTACE/REJETION SO THAT I MAY FINISH IT IN TIME.
    THX
    DR KHAN
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Sagittarius Number of posts : 2444
    Job : Consultant in Paediatric Emergency Medicine, NHS, Kent, England, UK
    Registration date : 2007-02-22

My Synopsis Submitted To Respected Dr Nayyar!! Empty Re: My Synopsis Submitted To Respected Dr Nayyar!!

Post by The Saint Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:22 pm

Dear Dr Khan Bahadar

I am sorry to inform you that the synopsis submitted by you, is a copy of a synopsis submitted to College of Physicians and Surgeons of Pakistan by a Pediatric Post Graduate trainee.

Under the University Rules, we have ZERO TOLERANCE for PLAGIARISM. Since your submitted synopsis fits into definition of PLAGIARISM, we are outright rejecting it. Please keep in mind that any further submission of Plagiarism material will not be accepted and can invite necessary action.

You are directed to prepare an original synopsis, on issues of Public Health with discussion with the course coordinator

Thanks
    Dr Khan

Post by Dr Khan Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:20 pm

dear sir

AA I REALLY DID"T KNOW THAT SOMEBODY HAVE SUBMITED THIS TOPIC & I HAVE NOT CHECKED CPSP TO LOOK INTO THAT.& THIS MY RESEARCH IN U 5 MR WAS IN KURAM AGENCY.THAT WAS A SAMPLE TOPIC IN PAEDDS AGE GROUP THAT I HAD SELECTED.I SEVERL TIME \S VISITED U, TO DISCUSS IT WITH U , BUT ITS VERY DIFFICULT FOR STUDENTS TO SEE YOU.I CAN SELECT ANY TOPIC BUT U R REQUESRED TO TELL ME EXACT TIME & PLACE SO THT I MAY DISCUSS IT WITH U. THX

DR KHAN
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Sagittarius Number of posts : 2444
    Job : Consultant in Paediatric Emergency Medicine, NHS, Kent, England, UK
    Registration date : 2007-02-22

Post by The Saint Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:00 pm

Please meet me on 1st november 2012 in abasyn university. Time for appointment is 3.00 pm.
    Thanks
    Dr Khan

Post by Dr Khan Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:55 am

OK . THX

DR KHAN
    Dr Khan

Post by Dr Khan Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:23 am

DEAR SIR ,

I CAME TWICE TO KTH REGARDING MY SYNOPSIS APPROVAL & U COULD'T CONTACTED .NOW I HAVE HANDED OVER TO TOFAIL /MAZHAR AT ABASEEN UNVRSTY . THEY WILL HAND OVER TO U .

KINDLY PRIORTISE & HELP EARLY AS POSSIBLE AS IHAVE ALREADY TOO LATE AS DISCUSSED WITH U .

THX

DTR KHAN
    Dr Khan

Post by Dr Khan Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:55 am

DEAR SIR ,

HOPE U R F9 . AS DISCUSSED WITH U AT KTH , I HAVE SUBMITTED MY DISERTATION {RISK FACTORS CAUSING CAUSING MALNUTRITION IN UNDER 5YRS F AGE } ,IN YUOR OFFICE AT ABASYN UNIVERSITY ON 2ND JUN  FOR UR KIND APPROVAL.I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR UR KIND APROVAL. MAY SIR I ASK TO KNOW ABOUT ITS APPROVAL.

THNKYOU

DR KHAN BAHADAR
                                                                                 03339223111
                                                                                  MMSPH

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:13 pm