Public Health Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Public Health Forum

A Forum to discuss Public Health Issues in Pakistan

Welcome to the most comprehensive portal on Community Medicine/ Public Health in Pakistan. This website contains content rich information for Medical Students, Post Graduates in Public Health, Researchers and Fellows in Public Health, and encompasses all super specialties of Public Health. The site is maintained by Dr Nayyar R. Kazmi

Latest topics

» Polio Endemic Countries on the Globe
Week to Week updates about Topics Taught Jan-Apr 2011 EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 8:31 am by Dr Abdul Aziz Awan

» Video for our MPH colleagues. Must watch
Week to Week updates about Topics Taught Jan-Apr 2011 EmptySun Aug 07, 2022 11:56 pm by The Saint

» Salam
Week to Week updates about Topics Taught Jan-Apr 2011 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 7:40 am by mr dentist

» Feeling Sad
Week to Week updates about Topics Taught Jan-Apr 2011 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 8:27 pm by mr dentist

» Look here. Its 2020 and this is what we found
Week to Week updates about Topics Taught Jan-Apr 2011 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 7:23 am by izzatullah

» Sad News
Week to Week updates about Topics Taught Jan-Apr 2011 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 6:17 am by ameen

» Pakistan Demographic Profile 2018
Week to Week updates about Topics Taught Jan-Apr 2011 EmptyFri May 18, 2018 9:42 am by Dr Abdul Aziz Awan

» Good evening all fellows
Week to Week updates about Topics Taught Jan-Apr 2011 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 10:16 am by Dr Abdul Aziz Awan

» Urdu Poetry
Week to Week updates about Topics Taught Jan-Apr 2011 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 12:28 pm by Dr Abdul Aziz Awan

Navigation

Affiliates

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 8425 messages in 1135 subjects

We have 439 registered users

The newest registered user is Dr. Arshad Nadeem Awan

+5
The Saint
sadiqmashooq
Zahida Stanekzai
naveedjalali
Admin
9 posters

Week to Week updates about Topics Taught Jan-Apr 2011

Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 182
    Registration date : 2007-02-22

Week to Week updates about Topics Taught Jan-Apr 2011 Empty Week to Week updates about Topics Taught Jan-Apr 2011

Post by Admin Sun Jan 09, 2011 11:43 am

First Week (6,7,8 Jan 2011)
    Introduction to Public Health Nutrition, Definitions of Nutrition and Public Health Nutrition
    Introduction to Financial Management, Definitions of Financial and Managerial Accounting, Financial Statement Definitions, Definition of Balance Sheet and Definition of Asset, Liability and Equity and Types of Ownership in Organizations)

Weekly Updates Week 2 (13, 14, and 15 jan 2011)
    Introduction to
    Public Health Nutrition, Why Public Health Nutrition is important,
    relation between disease and public nutrition, levels of prevention and
    levels of intervention. Prevention/Intervention Matrrix and its
    applications

Introduction to Double Entry and Single Entry
    Accounting System, Accounting Cycle, GAAP, Heads of Accounts, T
    Accounts, Debit and Credit, Journals, Ledgers, and detailed discussion
    of Assetts, Liabilities and their subtypes

Third Week ( 20th, 21st and 22nd Jan 2011)

Public Health Nutrition: Common Pakistani Foods and Food Culture, Food Safety and Food Laws in Pakistan

Financial Management: Class test, Debits and Credits in Detail with examples,
    Details of Journals and Ledgers and how entries are done in them

Fourth Week (27, 28 and 29th Jan 2011)

Financial Management: Class Excercises in Journals, posting to Ledgers and Trial Balance (All class failed)
    Public Health Nutrition: Community Assessment of Nutritional Status ( Anthropometric methods, BMI, their significance, Biochemical Methods, Clinical Methods, Dietary Methods, Sentinel Site Nutritional assessment, Participative Assessment of Nutrition, practical issues in conducting nutritional assessment)

Fifth Week (3rd, 4rth and 5th Feb 2011)

Financial Management: Details of Financial Planning and Budgeting in detail, Government Financial Rules
    Public Health Nutrition: Nutritional Assessment of Community- Continued)

Sixth Week (10th, 11th and 12th Feb 2011)

Financial Management : Reconciliation, Reappropriation of Funds)
    Public Health Nutrition: Micronutrient Deficiencies and their Management Practice in Public Health

Seventh Week (17th, 18th and 19th Feb 2011); Revision

Eight Week (24th, 25th and 26th Feb 2011)

Financial management: Income Statements and Cash Flow Statements
    Public Health Nutrition: World Food Program and its tole in combating hunger in the world)

Ninth Week (10th, 11th and 12th Feb 2011)

Financial Management: Petty Cash Management and its details
    Public Health Nutrition: Food Hygiene and Public Food Inspection with details

Last edited by Admin on Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    naveedjalali

Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2011-01-08

Week to Week updates about Topics Taught Jan-Apr 2011 Empty Re: Week to Week updates about Topics Taught Jan-Apr 2011

Post by naveedjalali Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:41 am

Admin wrote:First Week (6,7,8 Jan 2011)
    Introduction to Public Health Nutrition, Definitions of Nutrition and Public Health Nutrition
    Introduction to Financial Management, Definitions of Financial and Managerial Accounting, Financial Statement Definitions, Definition of Balance Sheet and Definition of Asset, Liabity and Equity and Types of Ownership in Organizations)

respected sir

there is no Types of ownership in organizations in our slides which you wrote in CD how should we find it sir .
    there is in website we tried to downloed but i couldent please let me know how to doenload it or send us throughly email. thanks
    faithfully yours
    Naveed jalali
    first simister DL student of MMSPH
    Zahida Stanekzai

Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2011-01-05

Week to Week updates about Topics Taught Jan-Apr 2011 Empty Re: Week to Week updates about Topics Taught Jan-Apr 2011

Post by Zahida Stanekzai Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:05 pm

Dear Sir,

Where is the weekly update for the second week 14-15-16 Jan?

Regards
    Zahida DL student
    Zahida Stanekzai

Post by Zahida Stanekzai Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:15 pm

Dear Naveed salam , The part of Ownership is starting from slid 22 in Introduction to Financial Accounting presentation. cheack once agian if you don't have it i will send your tomorrow.

Zahida

sadiqmashooq
    sadiqmashooq

Number of posts : 35
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

Post by sadiqmashooq Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:20 pm

Dear Zahida stanekzai
    Please send me Introduction to Financial Accounting presentation on my ID. sadiqmashooq@yahoo.com
    Regards
    Dr Mashooq
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Sagittarius Number of posts : 2444
    Job : Consultant in Paediatric Emergency Medicine, NHS, Kent, England, UK

Post by The Saint Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:20 pm

Weekly Updates Week 2 (13, 14, and 15 jan 2011)
    Introduction to Public Health Nutrition, Why Public Health Nutrition is important, relation between disease and public nutrition, levels of prevention and levels of intervention. Prevention/Intervention Matrrix and its applications

Introduction to Double Entry and Single Entry Accounting System, Accounting Cycle, GAAP, Heads of Accounts, T Accounts, Debit and Credit, Journals, Ledgers, and detailed discussion of Assetts, Liabilities and their subtypes
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:22 pm

Dear Dr Naveed Jamali
    The presentation is online on this forum. Take some time out and read it, you will find the answer to your question
    Thanks
    Dr rahimullahkhpalwak

Aquarius Number of posts : 26
    Job : Eastern Regional Based Coordinator
    Registration date : 2011-01-09

Post by Dr rahimullahkhpalwak Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:40 pm

dear zahida jan salam

you make me happy if you could send me the presentation of ownership with the topics of second week in my yahoo id jalali_naveed@yahoo.com and what shuld we do with HRM how should we know ,which topic has thought last weeks thanks.
    and let me know how to download these mateareals from site.
    Dr Naveed jalali
    naveedjalali

Post by naveedjalali Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:41 am

respected sir

you have send us the topics for two subjects(public health nutrition & financial Managment) i have not recived any topic about (HRM) in these two weeks. would you mind if you could telling me have you thought any lesson of (HRM) yet. if yes let me know the topic so i study as well . thanks DR Naveed jalali
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:12 pm

Dr Jamil teaches the subject of Human Resources
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:13 pm

Third Week ( 20th, 21st and 22nd Jan 2011)

Public Health Nutrition: Common Pakistani Foods and Food Culture, Food Safety and Food Laws in Pakistan

Financial Management: Class test, Debits and Credits in Detail with examples, Details of Journals and Ledgers and how entries are done in them
    Dr.Wali
    Dr.Wali

Aquarius Number of posts : 49
    Job : Doctor
    Registration date : 2009-03-02

Post by Dr.Wali Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:12 am

Dear sir
    It is a good initiative updating students on topics taught , what about the topics for 4th,5th,and 6th semesters
    do they have classess or not
    could you please update on the topics for theses semesters
    it would be nice to have update on those topics too

best regards
    Dr.Wali

''Good decisions come from experience but experience comes from bad decisions ''
    Dr rahimullahkhpalwak

Aquarius Number of posts : 26
    Job : Eastern Regional Based Coordinator
    Registration date : 2011-01-09

Post by Dr rahimullahkhpalwak Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:51 am

Dear sir

hope tobe fine ,
    we got others but up to now we donot know about (HRM) , they also teaches that or not,

thanks
    best regards

Dr Rahimullah first semister DL student
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:55 pm

For 4rth, 5th and 6th Semester Students

International Health is taught by Dr Anwar ul Haq.

Biostatistics

Upto 22nd Jan 2011

Definition of Biostatistics, Statistical Variables ( Nominal, Ordinal, Interval, Ratio), Statistic, Parameter, Descriptive Statistics, Measures of Central Tendency, Mean Median, Mode, Measures of Dispersion (Range, Standard Deviation)
    Representation of Data, Histograms, Bar Charts and their significance. Bell Shaped Curves, Gaussian Distribution, Positively and Negatively Skewed Data
    Zahida Stanekzai

Post by Zahida Stanekzai Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:17 pm

Dear Sir,

Thank you for sharing the topics on accounting and Nitration , but how about the HRM for first semester students. i have the presentation of first week of Jan 2011.

Thanks and Regards
    Zahida Stanekzai DL
    Zahida Stanekzai

Post by Zahida Stanekzai Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:25 pm

Dr Naveed jalali

Please check your yahoo mail , i sent the HRM presentation to you.

Best regards

Zahida Stanekzai
    Dr.Hafizullah

Capricorn Number of posts : 36
    Job : Lecturer,Physiology Dep
    Registration date : 2010-10-07

Post by Dr.Hafizullah Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Dear Sir
    I was admitted in MPH program Abasyn uni(DL) for Spring semesters of 2010, but due to my family problems I could not participate in exams of both(first and second) semesteers, so I kindly request you to update me on weekly bases from lectures that you tought/teach during Jan-April,2011. So i will be prepared for exam.

my email ID is :
    malang456@hotmail.com

your cooperation will be appriciated.

With Regards
    Dr. Hafizullah

Last edited by Dr.Hafizullah on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Dr.Hafizullah

Post by Dr.Hafizullah Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:50 pm

Sory for mistake regarding date I have mentioned Jan-April,2010, but I mean Jan-April,2011.

Sory again for date mistake

Best Wishes
    Dr. Hafizullah,MD
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:30 pm

If you are regularly watching this forum then the answers to your questions is already there on this forum
    lutufur rehman

Aquarius Number of posts : 8
    Job : pharmacist h/docter
    Registration date : 2011-01-25

Post by lutufur rehman Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:59 pm

dear sir
    i don not find the course for fourth week of january. also i could not find it for the next week of febrary and march or april
    dear sir please send me the method of assignment if it is nesessory to submit please send me all the details through email: a1_483@yahoo.com
    thank you
    your faithfully
    Lutufur rehman
    lutufur rehman

Aquarius Number of posts : 8
    Job : pharmacist h/docter
    Registration date : 2011-01-25

Post by lutufur rehman Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:14 pm

dear sir
    please display course outlines for month of februry
    that is week to week updates for the month of februry
    thak you alot
    naveedjalali

Post by naveedjalali Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:52 am

respected sir

where is the 6th and 7th weekly update lectures .and is the HRM subject incloud in mid term exam ?,& let me know the exact date of mid term is 4th or 3rd march and would you mind if you could tell me that,all subject exam is in a one paper or we have separate exam paper for each subject.

thanks
    faithfully yours
    DR.Naveed jalali
    First sinister DL student
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 182

Post by Admin Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:09 am

Dear Dr Jalali

Updates are there in the first post. Exact date is 3rd March 2011 and time is 4.00 pm. One paper will cover both subjects. No HRM as it is not taught by me
    Zahida Stanekzai

Post by Zahida Stanekzai Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:25 pm

Dear Sir,

at the beganing we were informed that exsam dates for (Mid Term for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Semesters is 4rth March 2011) but in above eamil to Dr Jalalai you wrote the exam date on 3rd of March at 4:00 pm.
    I request you to confirm and make sure the correct date.

Best Regards
    Zahida Stanekzai DL first Semester

Zahida Stanekzai

Post by Zahida Stanekzai Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Dear Sir,

Earlier we were informed that exam date for (Mid Term for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Semesters is 4rth March 2011) but in above email you wrote to Dr Jalalai that the exam date on 3rd of March at 4:00 pm.
    I request you to confirm and make sure the correct date.

Best Regards
    Zahida Stanekzai
    DL first semester
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:27 am

Once again, mid term exam for 1st 2nd and 3rd semester students is on 3RD MARCH 2011
    Zahida Stanekzai

Post by Zahida Stanekzai Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:05 pm

Dear Sir ,thank you for confirmation, i will attend the exam on 3rd March at 4:00 pm. INSHALLAH

best regards
    Zahida Stanekzai
    Kabul -Afghanistan
    Dr.Hafizullah

Post by Dr.Hafizullah Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:47 am

Dear Admine
    AoA
    Hope you will have successes in your life, we are looking for the weekly updates of taught topics in MPH 1st,2nd and 3rd classes.

With Regards
    Dr. Hafizullah

The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:01 pm

Course is finished. We are having review of previous classes
    Dr.Hafizullah

Post by Dr.Hafizullah Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:22 am

Dear Sir,

I have not found those topics that were taught during March,2011 it is End of March.

I also wish to provide me about teaching of HRM Sub, Is it taught or still pending.

With Regards
    Dr. Hafifizullah
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:10 am

Kindly search carefully in the respective sections and you will find more information about the topics covered. Please search before you come to the conclusive statement that things are missing.
    naveedjalali

Post by naveedjalali Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:06 am

naveedjalali wrote:
    first simister DL student of MMSPH
    respected sir
    today is 9th April but from 10march after i didn't receive any new lesson in weekly update... sir before you told us try your best . how could we try in our DL class even we havent receive more than one month lecture. please inform me how shuld i pass my final exams
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:33 pm

Dear Dr Naveed Jalali

I am greatly pissed off when the students quickly try to blame the teachers instead of accepting their own low IQ and poor mental status as well as poor preparation. What hurts me further is that instead of carefully reading all the posts, they immediately jump to the conclusion.
    Please read the page 2 of this thread carefully and on my post dated 29th March 2011, I have written that classes have been finished and we are having extensive review. Now what does that mean to you. It means that the course is finished and when the course is finished, it means it is finished and then how do you expect me to write further topics.
    For God sake, have some serious attitude in life, and try to have a mature approach rather than jumping to conclusions without knowing the facts.
    As far as you have asked How to pass, there is one line answer to this question that Clarify your concepts, if you have clear concepts and can apply those you will definitely pass, if not then I dont have any answer to that

Thanks

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 8:52 am