Public Health Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Public Health Forum

A Forum to discuss Public Health Issues in Pakistan

Welcome to the most comprehensive portal on Community Medicine/ Public Health in Pakistan. This website contains content rich information for Medical Students, Post Graduates in Public Health, Researchers and Fellows in Public Health, and encompasses all super specialties of Public Health. The site is maintained by Dr Nayyar R. Kazmi

Latest topics

» Polio Endemic Countries on the Globe
Stupid Students of MPH EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 8:31 am by Dr Abdul Aziz Awan

» Video for our MPH colleagues. Must watch
Stupid Students of MPH EmptySun Aug 07, 2022 11:56 pm by The Saint

» Salam
Stupid Students of MPH EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 7:40 am by mr dentist

» Feeling Sad
Stupid Students of MPH EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 8:27 pm by mr dentist

» Look here. Its 2020 and this is what we found
Stupid Students of MPH EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 7:23 am by izzatullah

» Sad News
Stupid Students of MPH EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 6:17 am by ameen

» Pakistan Demographic Profile 2018
Stupid Students of MPH EmptyFri May 18, 2018 9:42 am by Dr Abdul Aziz Awan

» Good evening all fellows
Stupid Students of MPH EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 10:16 am by Dr Abdul Aziz Awan

» Urdu Poetry
Stupid Students of MPH EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 12:28 pm by Dr Abdul Aziz Awan

Navigation

Affiliates

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 8425 messages in 1135 subjects

We have 439 registered users

The newest registered user is Dr. Arshad Nadeem Awan

+5
Toheed
Dr Abdul Aziz Awan
mr dentist
Dr. Zubair
The Saint
9 posters

Stupid Students of MPH

The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Sagittarius Number of posts : 2444
    Job : Consultant in Paediatric Emergency Medicine, NHS, Kent, England, UK
    Registration date : 2007-02-22

Stupid Students of MPH Empty Stupid Students of MPH

Post by The Saint Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:39 pm

It came as a bit of shock as I came to know that someone floated the idea of postponing presentations and the ladies backed this idea. These presentations of students in groups was done to create team concepts and involve active learning in students through an atmosphere of competition
    I simply wonder at these fantastic hypothyroid ideas..... On one hand, I am always thinking of novel ideas to increase students participation in active learning process, in Public Health so that they become better professionals and confident individuals, but on the other hand, these students including some ladies have become self destructing robots. They are hell bent to commit professional and intellectual suicide.
    Believe me I have come to this conclusion that the majority of our MPH student have become incorrigible. They just want to buy a degree, so I will float this idea to administration that they should take money from these hypos, give them a degree and simply kick them out, never to see them again.
    This is becoming of a too much for me..... kinda headache

Last edited by The Saint on Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Stupid Students of MPH Empty Re: Stupid Students of MPH

Post by The Saint Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:44 pm

Tell me what to do with them..... Almost everything has failed. I was soft with them didnt work, I came down very hard on them, didnt work, I was harsh, didnt work, I became polite, still didnt work, I counseled them, didnt work...everything failed with these God damned monkeys

Now tell me what to do with this rotten bunch

Last edited by The Saint on Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dr. Zubair
    Dr. Zubair

Leo Number of posts : 488
    Registration date : 2008-06-07

Post by Dr. Zubair Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:41 pm

Ah! .. well.

Sounds like a sad tale and this time with more despair.'

I know throwing the idea of controlled selection will not work which has already been put forward many times but in vain. I was once thinking that if the University adopts a controlled strategy of selection and increases the fee, they still might earn the same money. But then arises the concern of their fame which as I think is actually a disrepute that it gives degree to just anyone.

Anyway, in the given situation I think if the university gives an option to all the non medical doctors that they may not come to the classes and just submit some assignments to get the degree at the end of 2 years, the quality of students attending the class may improve.

But then, would this be just ? This is the question which compells me to take my suggestion back. But then, till when ? till when will this carry on ?

Lord ! ..
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:00 pm

Well, honestly I like this one suggestion that

1. they should increase the fee from 120,000 to at least 10 Lac Ruppees at least for non doctors

2. All students who are just interested to put a MA, this A and that A in front of their names should deposit the fee and should never come to the classes. They should only be allowed in exams, and their results should be communicated to them. Otherwise they shouldnt be allowed within the boundary walls of the University

3. Those pass some basic IQ test should be allowed to enter the classes
    mr dentist
    mr dentist

Sagittarius Number of posts : 451
    Job : Dentist
    Registration date : 2008-09-22

Post by mr dentist Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:49 am

sir
    my opinion is that this group should be punished , and as a punishment their status as regular students should be changed to DL students and DL student of duration of two years. means they should be allowed to see the univ premises 3 days per semester. i.e. 4*3=12 so 12 days in 24 months is i think tolerable.
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:57 pm

I am working on a document, writing about all the documentary evidence that I have about this special bunch of hypo students, and I am forwarding a genuine case, so that we keep these rowdies a 1000 feet away.

I will make them stand in front of the disciplinary committee that decides about the fate of these students, as enough is enough and I cannot tolerate more of this incompetency at every level
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:02 pm

And as in one of the seminars about the improvement of Public Health Training in Pakistan, one senior Aga Khan Trainer said that induction of half baked non doctors will ruin the whole Public Health System of the country, now I also agree to what he said, because these people simply want to buy the degree, they were, are, and will be NEVER EVER interested in learning or improving Pulic Health in Pakistan.
    All they need is a degree which gives a false impression to the simple public that they are Allamas of Health, and hence can run their private shops selling health or should I call disease, more effectively to the public
    Dr Abdul Aziz Awan
    Dr Abdul Aziz Awan

Pisces Number of posts : 685
    Job : National Coordinator for Polio Surveillance
    Registration date : 2007-02-23

Post by Dr Abdul Aziz Awan Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:11 pm

Someone had said 100 years back ;

" If you dislike a rule, follow it, reach at the top and change thr rule"

So respected Dr Nayar

You are among the top management. Suggest and recommed Abasyn University to change the selection criteria for MPH and to conduct an "Entry Test" for the potential candidates.
    Only then the quality can be improved and maintained.

The criteria may be like this;

MBBS from recognized institution (at least 55% or above)
    PMDC registeration
    At least 3 years service in periphery or may be in public health sector
    Must have passed the entry test (score > 60%)
    The number of admission should be fixed prior to advertisement
    For non-doctors, add 15 to their qualification, entry test and Fee also.
    There can be many more.......

ذرا نم ھو تو یہ مٹی بڑی زرخیز ھے ساقی
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:49 pm

Dear Aziz
    Unfortunately I am not the top management otherwise I would have designed a very tough entry criteria years back
    Toheed
    Toheed

Number of posts : 104
    Registration date : 2010-03-13

Post by Toheed Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:20 am

Be Cool Dear Sir, dont burn your blood, as it will take time to get them understand that how improtant interactive education is. They will come back to you after 2-3 years to tell you that how those group works and presentations helped them and in what ways?

sah warta rakagai.

Regards
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:51 am

Dear Touheed

I am not writing this out of frustation, its actually getting too much for me now. So many times, I have told these people in my classes, that if you are not interested then please dont come, but dont instigate other people.

These ladies whom I am refering to, and including a few other male colleagues of them, have been consistently performing at their rock bottoms throughout their stay here, and instead of trying to promise with themselves to improve and committ to themselves, they regularly try to create problems on one pretext or the other.

A few days back, a lady was asked to give a presentation, she brought a copied material from somewhere, which she herself didnt know what was it about and hence the presentation became a laughing comedy show. When I tried to tell her about her deficiencies, she started blaming me for all her failures. Neutral

Time and again I have told them that if they are not interested they should not come, but what they do, is that, they come and instead of learning, try to take even their fellows out of the learning process. ANother one lady of the same group was swearing a few days ago that she has made a final committment to work hard and learn and then in the next class, she couldnt give me a single answer related to the very previous class, and said Sir I am sorry I have not studied. Ironically the next week, her answer was the same.

Lies, Lies and Lies. I give a damn to these people, but the real issue is that these people are trying to create problems for others too
    mr dentist
    mr dentist

Post by mr dentist Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:31 pm

sir we are here on forum writing much more against these people. but it seems that particular group doesn't bother to visit he forum .

their educational caliber is so low that they cant understand your point of view. i am did sure they did not use forum.

i wish and pray that they should understand and try to work hard.
    regards and respect dr latif
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:13 pm

You are right. All of them told me categorically that they have laptops but dont know how to power it off and on. Once I was grilling one of these ladies in very sarcastic words, and I came to know that after the class, she said to her fellows, that sir's today lecture was very good because sir was focusing on me in the class.

Now imagine when things are of this level, giving a degree to them would comprise an unbailable offense and crime against humanity
    mr dentist
    mr dentist

Post by mr dentist Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:41 pm

sir
    it means this group is not so much innocent and careless. this seems to be a planned group against our presentations and study routines.
    in my opinion they are well known to each and every thing.
    and i think they will be enjoying our comments against them .

i will say and offer them here to come and justify their sayings.
    hope being of Khyber pakhtoonkhwa they will must reply .
    nighat saleem

Number of posts : 45
    Registration date : 2009-11-05

Post by nighat saleem Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:58 pm

Very honorable sir

Really its very embarrassing news when I read about that some one had done once again disgraceful demonstration in the class despite your international level method of teaching. and due to them like some misguided elements in the terrorism all blames goes to Muslim, Taliban, Pakistan or pathans like that all credit goes to us I mean non doctor .every problem has lot of causes on its back may be they have not facilities of net, computer, unregistered in forum, or don’t care of our colourful comments any how in such a situation like in research for eliminating the confounding variable problem needs deep intention & observation to overcome the root cause and solve the problem .so Statistical tests, whilst excellent for detecting correlations and incorrectly announces that there is a causal link between those demonstrator and non doctors. So I am suggesting very humbly one tips for MINIMIZING THE EFFECTS OF THOSE CONFOUNDING VARIABLES which affecting all of us I mean non doctors when we are readout as such burning comments regarding us for which we are all not responsible except some one. So please give them the print out copy of the forum comments in the class that they observe themselves that what the consequences of their disgraceful behaviors are. Sir I am anticipated sorry to you & any of those who are registered in forum if they mind my reply.
    nighat saleem

Post by nighat saleem Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:00 pm

Very honorable sir

Really its very embarrassing news when I read about that some one had done once again disgraceful demonstration in the class despite your international level method of teaching. and due to them like some misguided elements in the terrorism all blames goes to Muslim, Taliban, Pakistan or pathans like that all credit goes to us I mean non doctor .every problem has lot of causes on its back may be they have not facilities of net, computer, unregistered in forum, or don’t care of our colourful comments any how in such a situation like in research for eliminating the confounding variable problem needs deep intention & observation to overcome the root cause and solve the problem .so Statistical tests, whilst excellent for detecting correlations and incorrectly announces that there is a causal link between those demonstrator and non doctors. So I am suggesting very humbly one tips for MINIMIZING THE EFFECTS OF THOSE CONFOUNDING VARIABLES which affecting all of us I mean non doctors when we are readout as such burning comments regarding us for which we are all not responsible except some one. So please give them the print out copy of the forum comments in the class that they observe themselves that what the consequences of their disgraceful behaviors are. Sir I am anticipated sorry to you & any of those who are registered in forum if they mind my reply.
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:25 pm

Dear Nighat

The problem is not a new one, not even the last one. As far as your idea of doing a research on the causes of such behaviour, I guess, this behaviour is seen in the length and breadth of Pakistan, everywhere, in every field and enough is known about the causes.

Root down, the whole thing comes to the thing "Short Cuts in every aspect of Life", and "Incompetency"

The gents and ladies I am referring to, already know that they are incompetent, but instead of rectifying their weaknesses, they are adamant and hell bent to get short cuts. As far as being non doctors thing is concerned, you, me and almost everyone knows that a very very few of non doctors are doing this for their professional improvement, many are practicing quacks, and they want to improve their businesses. Thats it.

So we are finalizing a suggestion to increase the fee for non doctors to 10 times, so only those who will be serious to learn will get admission and will know that if they are not serious, whole of their money will go down the drain, so commitment will automatically increase.

On this small peanut fee, the non doctors considering it a free tea party will continue to bombard us, and create more comedy and tragedy with their follies
    nighat saleem

Post by nighat saleem Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:28 pm

Very honorable sir

Your absolutely right that short cuts of life is disburse in every where & especially in the education field which become a commercial due to some business minds personalities rather than professional educationalists, however in a practical life its not a remedy for achieving long term opportunities in public health field in such a competition times. Sir is so my concern if some one is seriously desirable of MMPH degree from Abasyn University only due you, because from your core of heart & international level method of teaching become your students likes commandos as in military. So I also consider my self lucky as an your student that I got a professor they are all-rounder in each subject of public health & facilitate their students whenever we needed help & to day if i learnt a little bit according to my mentality only due to you.. Thanks sir that u will be get decision right now of 10times heavy fee from prospective cohort students & my name is registered in case control student so I am excluded from that criteria. Sir actually those one who’s burned your blood they are doesn’t know that how much you are conscious about their future and when they become know the time will be passed away. One proverb in your forum is enough for them if they consider that

`` Not till we are lost, do we begin to find ourselves``

Sir jee thanks a lot for nice replied.

With great regards.
    mr dentist
    mr dentist

Post by mr dentist Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:45 am

dear respected nighat .
    i will request you to please increase your fonts size a little. as you know people like me with 4 eyes feel difficulty in reading this small font posts.
    regards.
    nighat saleem

Post by nighat saleem Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:39 am

Respected Mr, Dentist sahib.

Actually I was reckoned that only Dr Nayyer sahib are my reader & they were not objected at yet. So now you highlighted the point & it’s my pleasure that except dr nayyer sahib that more readers are also concentrating on my posts. Thanks inshahallah my next post font size will be not bothered to your vision. Stupid Students of MPH Icon_eek

With great regards
    nighat saleem

Post by nighat saleem Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:55 am

Respected Mr, Dentist sahib.
    Actually I was reckoned that only Dr Nayyer sahib are my reader & they were not objected at yet. So now you highlighted the point & it’s my pleasure that except dr nayyer sahib that more readers are also concentrating on my post. Thanks inshahallah my next post font size will be not bothered to your vision.
    With great regards
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:36 am

Stupid Students of MPH Icon_biggrin
    mr dentist
    mr dentist

Post by mr dentist Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:10 pm

i read each and every post by our fellows in forum. but if you mind our reading then i will take care in future.
    sir nayyar is our leader so we are all followers of sir nayyar.
    any how thanks for big fonts.
    god bless you . wish u success.
    regards and respect.
    Muhammad Yasir
    Muhammad Yasir

Pisces Number of posts : 94
    Job : (Drugs Quality Control)
    Registration date : 2010-04-02

Post by Muhammad Yasir Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:01 pm

Salam Respectable Dr.Nayyar and other friends
    I think the non-Doctors course mates have selected Abasyn coz the Degree Title is master of MANAGMENT in public health and the university Administration has started giving admission to those who r simple Bachlored even.So Inspite the issue of Doctors,Non Doctors,Lady Health Workers,Nurses, we may find out a solution for the non serious students that may be in the form of Fine or semester freezing etc.thanx
    Muhammad Yasir
    Muhammad Yasir

Pisces Number of posts : 94
    Job : (Drugs Quality Control)
    Registration date : 2010-04-02

Post by Muhammad Yasir Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:10 pm

Sir some of the students dont understand even that how much this methodolgy can improve their onward practical life so i want to suggest sir nayyar to kindly convense the low level students about the importance of this methodology time an again as a Teacher is like Parents or Elder brothers.
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:02 pm

Ok point noted yasir
    nighat saleem

Post by nighat saleem Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:26 pm

Respected Mr. Dentist sahib.
    Salam, sir iam not mind your nice suggestion regarding font size because I noted your many posts that whenever you write under ethical & logical consideration without burlesquing to some one. Sir you are right that sir are our leader & we are all their followers & I am especially thankful to sir that they provide us one platform
    Which through we can share our ideas & express our feeling very straightforwardly. Now my turn if you mind my reply so I am extremely apologizing to you.
    with great regards. Sad
    Sohail Anjum
    Sohail Anjum

Sagittarius Number of posts : 32
    Job : Database Manager (UNICEF Islamabad)
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

Post by Sohail Anjum Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:34 pm

OMG. !!!!
    Playing fight fight

But honestly speaking I agree with Nighat, I do feel like discraminated I mean I feel like Doctors are the SOOPER HEROZ.... and we others are GOOFs..
    mr dentist
    mr dentist

Post by mr dentist Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:50 pm

respected nighat,
    its ok .
    you are welcome , wish you good luck in exams and wish u a colorful career in public health.

i appreciate your courage and regularity for participation in forum .we all are colleagues and we will help each other.
    as for as sir nayyar is concerned, he is in true means a SUPER MAN in the field of public health.(although sir make every time tough papers for us ) .

respect and regards to you .
    mr dentist
    mr dentist

Post by mr dentist Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:02 pm

dear respected sohail .
    your thinking is not good and correct.
    you must contact dr abu zar for your complete medical check up and for pathological investigations you should consult our entomologist mr kamal . (just kidding plz donot mind )

in my opinion we should value humanity ,hardwork, regularity and respect.
    doctors are not the only human beings who are eligible to do MPH, this is a public health degree, all over the world health and health related students, doctors , allied health professionals all can take admission and can get a legal and valued degree of MPH.
    THERE IS no discrimination of class, gender ,or race.
    the only thing sir want to say is our most of the problems are created till today by non-medical fellows, it does not mean we insult them. we value them , they are our respective fellows . but there are few things which should be observed while one is student.
    1- respect of teachers
    2- respect of place where one is learning
    3- respect of books from which we learn.

unfortunately our fellows who are non-doctors are continuously disturbing the atmosphere of class and schedule, so sir nayyar was pointing out them . once again we apologize from all non-doctors if there is anything written bad against them,
    we try to make a friendly and educational environment in the deptt.
    all human beings are same and equal in respect and dignity.
    i personally give preference to those who are more near to Allah not in financial level not on job ranking nor on society class differences.
    respect and regards to all my fellows.
    Sohail Anjum
    Sohail Anjum

Sagittarius Number of posts : 32
    Job : Database Manager (UNICEF Islamabad)
    Registration date : 2009-03-09

Post by Sohail Anjum Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:14 am

My Dear Dentist
    What ever story you wrote here is fine, if Sir Nayyar is pointing them out !! fine he should because hes the one who want every one to get involve in studies.

BUT instead of you people help non-doctors you just started like firing kind of thing on all of them. its amazing ??????
    mr dentist
    mr dentist

Post by mr dentist Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:18 pm

taken wrongly by non-doctors.
    i think we did not think like that .
    any how sorry for every thing
    regards.
    Dr Shafiqullah Bashari
    Dr Shafiqullah Bashari

Pisces Number of posts : 179
    Job : Nutrition Coordinator with International Medical Corps (IMC)
    Registration date : 2010-01-06

Post by Dr Shafiqullah Bashari Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:10 am

Dear All,

Let's leave this issue aside. If we post more and more, it might creat more and more problems
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Post by The Saint Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:54 pm

yes i would also advise to leave this issue aside as certain things in life have NO SOLUTIONS at all. Some diseases are non treatable
    nighat saleem

Post by nighat saleem Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:13 pm

Respected Dr Shahfiquallah Bashiar Sahib;
    A, O, A, thanks sir I am consensus with your opinion really that going on issue become very lengthy as Kashmir & Afghan conflict. And may be your nice suggestion will be worked like UNO recommendation on all.
    With great regards
    mr dentist
    mr dentist

Post by mr dentist Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:46 pm

agreed.

i will advise all my fellows to work hard for exam and try to complete assignments before 12 th july due date.
    regards.
    Dr Shafiqullah Bashari
    Dr Shafiqullah Bashari

Pisces Number of posts : 179
    Job : Nutrition Coordinator with International Medical Corps (IMC)
    Registration date : 2010-01-06

Post by Dr Shafiqullah Bashari Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:50 am

Thanks from all

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16, 2024 2:24 pm