Public Health Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Public Health Forum

A Forum to discuss Public Health Issues in Pakistan

Welcome to the most comprehensive portal on Community Medicine/ Public Health in Pakistan. This website contains content rich information for Medical Students, Post Graduates in Public Health, Researchers and Fellows in Public Health, and encompasses all super specialties of Public Health. The site is maintained by Dr Nayyar R. Kazmi

Latest topics

» Polio Endemic Countries on the Globe
Summary of Dr. Nayyar's Lecture on Accounting on 2.2.12 EmptySat Apr 08, 2023 8:31 am by Dr Abdul Aziz Awan

» Video for our MPH colleagues. Must watch
Summary of Dr. Nayyar's Lecture on Accounting on 2.2.12 EmptySun Aug 07, 2022 11:56 pm by The Saint

» Salam
Summary of Dr. Nayyar's Lecture on Accounting on 2.2.12 EmptySun Jan 31, 2021 7:40 am by mr dentist

» Feeling Sad
Summary of Dr. Nayyar's Lecture on Accounting on 2.2.12 EmptyTue Feb 04, 2020 8:27 pm by mr dentist

» Look here. Its 2020 and this is what we found
Summary of Dr. Nayyar's Lecture on Accounting on 2.2.12 EmptyMon Jan 27, 2020 7:23 am by izzatullah

» Sad News
Summary of Dr. Nayyar's Lecture on Accounting on 2.2.12 EmptyFri Jan 11, 2019 6:17 am by ameen

» Pakistan Demographic Profile 2018
Summary of Dr. Nayyar's Lecture on Accounting on 2.2.12 EmptyFri May 18, 2018 9:42 am by Dr Abdul Aziz Awan

» Good evening all fellows
Summary of Dr. Nayyar's Lecture on Accounting on 2.2.12 EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 10:16 am by Dr Abdul Aziz Awan

» Urdu Poetry
Summary of Dr. Nayyar's Lecture on Accounting on 2.2.12 EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 12:28 pm by Dr Abdul Aziz Awan

Navigation

Affiliates

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 8425 messages in 1135 subjects

We have 439 registered users

The newest registered user is Dr. Arshad Nadeem Awan

4 posters

Summary of Dr. Nayyar's Lecture on Accounting on 2.2.12

Naeem Durrani
    Naeem Durrani

Number of posts : 144
    Job : Program Management
    Registration date : 2011-05-06

Summary of Dr. Nayyar's Lecture on Accounting on 2.2.12 Empty Summary of Dr. Nayyar's Lecture on Accounting on 2.2.12

Post by Naeem Durrani Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:53 am

Summary of Dr. Nayyar’s Lecture on Thursday 2nd February 2012

Topic: Accounting

Accounting Heads:

1. Assets : Anything that belongs to you, important characteristics of an asset:
    - You have the ownership
    - Its gives you future benefits
    - It has got monitory value

Types of Assets:

- Fixed Assets: The life of such assets is longer than one financial year and are known as long term assets
    - Current Assets: The life of such assets is shorter than one financial year.

2. Liabilities: the ownership is not with you, not future benefits and future expenditures are attached.

Types:

i. Current Liabilities: Which will be fulfilled in one or less than one year.
    ii. Long term Liabilities: Which will be fulfilled in more than one financial year.
    3. Equity: Owners capital which gets invested in the business for future profit.

4. Expenses: Money flows away from you for which you have already taken the benefit.

Example: You use electricity and takes its benefit for a month and the bill comes. Payment against that bill is known as expense.

5. Revenue: Money that flows to you as part of your job done or services delivered.

Important to remember:

Accounting Equation: Assets = Liabilities + Equity
    An increase in the asset is Debit
    A decrease in the asset is Credit
    An increase in the liability is Credit
    A decrease in the Liability is Debit
    The Saint
    The Saint
    Admin

Sagittarius Number of posts : 2444
    Job : Consultant in Paediatric Emergency Medicine, NHS, Kent, England, UK
    Registration date : 2007-02-22

Summary of Dr. Nayyar's Lecture on Accounting on 2.2.12 Empty Re: Summary of Dr. Nayyar's Lecture on Accounting on 2.2.12

Post by The Saint Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:26 pm

Very Happy
    Zahida Stanekzai

Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2011-01-05

Summary of Dr. Nayyar's Lecture on Accounting on 2.2.12 Empty Re: Summary of Dr. Nayyar's Lecture on Accounting on 2.2.12

Post by Zahida Stanekzai Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:33 am

Thanks for updating and sharing with me the summary of the lecture hold on 2 Feb , though i have the detials of the subject in the CD but still the summray of the lecture is helping me

best regards

Zahida Stanekzai
    Naeem Durrani
    Naeem Durrani

Number of posts : 144
    Job : Program Management
    Registration date : 2011-05-06

Post by Naeem Durrani Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:17 am

Thanks Miss, This is basically an attempt to update regular fellows who occasionally fail to attend the class. I know narrations on the CD are explicit but honestly the extracts of the actual lecture delivered by Dr. Nayyar means a lot when it comes to attempting the paper under very well controlled settings.

After following all lectures, the only thing that one can do to properly attempt paper is to look UP for INSPIRATION, look DOWN for CONCENTRATION and no need to look AROUND for INFORMATION Very Happy
    Latifullah

Number of posts : 43
    Registration date : 2011-05-20

Post by Latifullah Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:35 am

Thank you very much Naeem Sahib,

Finally I was successful in opening this site, it was really pleasurefull for me when i find both the summaries on the forum. it would really prove benificial for all of us.

thanks

Dr.Latifullah Hadaf

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 16, 2024 7:23 pm